Compliments

When I was dating/courting my husband in college we always complimented each other.  It was easy to do because we were soooo in love and focused on pursuing each other for marriage.  Now that we are married with three kids there is so much more to focus on and talk about then gazing into his eyes and saying, "Oh you are so handsome!"  We can get caught up in telling our spouse the to do list, discussing money, the calendar, church stuff and forget to speak kind and uplifting words.  The Bible says "life and death are in the power of the tongue."  Our words can change the atmosphere of our home and our marriage.  Our words can build up our spouse or tear them down.     

I am naturally a negative person and have to ask the Lord continually to help me be positive and encouraging.  I can be so mean with my words to my husband sometimes and not realize that he does have feelings too.  Men need to be encouraged, built up, respected and complimented.  

So, this week, as a pre-valentine warm up I am going to compliment my husband everyday.  I challenge you to compliment your spouse this week as well.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Unseen Abuse

Pinterest Perfect House

Not how I planned it...