Books

I looooove to read.   My Mom loves to read.  She always has different books on the end table beside a comfy chair.  When I'm visiting I always catch myself in her books.  I find myself reading labels of things if there is no book in sight!  I am usually always reading several things at one time.  I only read books that help me in my walk with the Lord or teach me things like health, nutrition, parenting, etc.  Although sometimes if a fashion magazine is in my mailbox for some odd reason I may glance through it...but it usually is a waste of my time and makes me feel unattractive!  lol! 

I have found that reading godly, scriptural books along with the Bible help me to grow as a Christian woman.  I want to share some of my favorites with you so they can help you too.  Always compare what you read to the Bible to make sure it is correct teaching.  I bought most of these books online as they can be hard to find.  (Or you can get your bookstore to order them for you.)

1. Parenting from the Heart  by Marilyn Boyer
This book changed my whole perspective on parenting!  It will make you love and cherish and enjoy your children.  It also gives creative homeschooling activities.

2.  Beautiful in God's Eyes  by Elizabeth George  (all her books are good)
This book goes through Proverbs 31 and does a chapter on each verse explaining how to practically live out this passage of Scripture!  Wow!

3.  Passionate Housewives Desperate for God  by Jennie Chancey and Stacy McDonald   This book does give you a "fresh vision for the hopeful homemaker" in a real and honest way.  These ladies have a lot of wisdom!

4.  Creative Correction by Lisa Whelchel  (I haven't finished it yet)
It has great ideas for child training and discipline.

5.  The 4:8 Principle by Tommy Newberry  (I haven't finished it)
He takes Philippians 4:8 and shows you how to think biblically to change your life and your attitude.

6.  Created to be His Help Meet by Debi Pearl
This is challenging and convicting but it works!  If you do what this book says you will have a great marriage!


Those are just a few to get you started!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Unseen Abuse

Pinterest Perfect House

Not how I planned it...