Bake your own Bread

Homemade bread is so yummy!  It is so special to sit down to eat and know you made the bread to feed your family. It is another way to show them that you love them. 

But why bake your own bread when you can conveniently buy it at the store?  There are many reasons.  First of all, it is way healthier than the bread you buy in the average grocery store.  White flour shoots your blood sugar up, makes you gain weight, does not satisfy your hunger, can slowly make you sick over time, does not give you nutrients, and is addictive.  People eat white bread because it is convenient and it tastes good.  However, if we knew all the facts about it (which I don't have time to mention here) then we would make every effort to eat fresh whole grain flour.  I challenge you to go on a search for why white flour is so bad...but be ready to change your diet!  

My family and I started grinding our own flour (with the NutriMill) about 5 years ago.  We wanted to get all the nutrients from it and help our stomach digest correctly.  My little boys LOVE the wheat bread but it took my husband awhile to get used to the taste.  It truly does satisfy you!  We bake bread, muffins, waffles and cookies with the whole grain flour and have never looked back! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Unseen Abuse

Pinterest Perfect House

Not how I planned it...