Love is patient

GraceLaced Mondays
So, either last night or this morning (I can't remember now) I was praying in the shower.  I prayed that the Lord would help me to love more.  My mind began to think on 1 Corinthians 13, "Love is patient"...I halfway prayed that God would help me to be patient but I started to take that prayer back because normally He sends something to really test that prayer!

My day began with the normal organized chaos of home schooling, cooking, cleaning and laundry with three small boys. 

 I had forgotten what I had prayed until Benjamin and I were finishing the last couple math worksheets.  I was tired from going to bed late and getting up early and having sinus issues, etc.  I was so ready to be done with school so I could rest before church (and learn a new song on the piano for church that night and get hair and makeup done).  

Benjamin could care less about any of that and likes to cut up while he does school.
                                                         And so do his brothers!

Anyway, we had been on the same math problem for a long time.  It was easy and he knew how to do it but he kept getting distracted or wanting to play.  I didn't get mad at him because I understand he is a little boy and is full of energy.  I wasn't upset because he had already done a lot of school that day.  I was just enjoying him and loving him.  I found myself just sitting there calmly at the table waiting on him to finish, patiently.  PATIENTLY!  Wow!  And then it hit me...Love.....is....patient.  I was patient with Benjamin because I love him.  I had never though of it that way before.  God had answered my prayer that day and I appreciate Him letting me realize the answer.  Children call for much patience...

                                          And much love!

                                                 Love is patient, love is kind....
                                                    Love is patient, love is kind.

  

 

Comments

  1. Wow... what a great reminder. :) I remember those days of fidgety boys who didn't wanna do their lessons. And what a proving ground for trusting God's will in patience!! :) Love the pix, too! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Unseen Abuse

Pinterest Perfect House

Not how I planned it...