My Reflections after watching Mom's Night Out

I just went to see the movie Mom's Night Out with some friends.  It was perfect timing because I desperately needed it!  When life gets so busy the first things to go are time for yourself, and dates with your spouse.

My husband is a Pastor of a church we planted a few years ago and recently he's been working a second job as well.  He is also helping coach one of our son's baseball teams and he is head coach of our other 2 son's tee-ball team.  This means that I have picked up a lot of extra duties that he used to be able to help with occasionally.  Our parents live states away, so we don't have that nice free help from loving Grandparents.  But, we are living and doing what God has called us to do and He always provides what we need in every situation.

In this situation, He provided a Mom's Night Out movie with friends!  You see, the day before I was about to go insane...or at least that's what it felt like.  Between cooking separate meals for me and the kids because of food allergies, potty training with 1 bathroom, having 1 kid flush the poopy undies almost down the 1 toilet we have while trying to cook and eat and get stains out of baseball pants and find the baseball glove that always gets lost right before the game-BREATHE!  You know what I mean, right?!  

This is just everyday crazy life with 3 boys ages 7, 5, and 3.  And did I mention that I try to home school a midst this chaos?  Only by God's grace do they know how to read and write!  

And what about those church activities that we as Mom's find ourselves in charge of...teaching Sunday School, helping in the nursery..whatever it is you do as well.  All of this added up can make one feel quite overwhelmed.

So you see, I needed this Mom's Night Out thing.  I needed to get away from the laundry and never ending dishes and all the little messes saying, "Don't sit down until you clean me."  

So, I actually took the time to straighten my hair and I went to the movies with some girlfriends.  The smell of popcorn greeted me.  We were the only ones in the theater for that movie!  In the first few scenes I could totally relate to that Mom and I was cracking up!  I realized that I am not alone in this parenting thing.  I know God is always with me in every situation, but sometimes it helps to know there are other people on earth going through what you are going through. 

At the end of the movie Bones said it best.  You are enough.  God did not make a mistake in giving you the kids He gave you.  God designed you so intricately and gave you exactly the kind of kids He wanted you to have.  Stop being so hard on yourself.  Just be you.  

As I was crying out to God this week asking for His help, He showed me this verse in a magazine and then in a devotional.  

Isaiah 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. 

God's answer to me was, "Just keep your mind on me and TRUST me and you will be ok, you will have peace in your chaos."

I'm not perfect, obviously, and I don't think anyone is...except a man named Jesus.  That's why He came to earth and died on a cross and paid our sin debt in full.  If you don't know Him personally today, just ask Him to save you.  Jesus is the only way to Heaven.

He gives grace and mercy.  I find that His mercies ARE new every morning!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Unseen Abuse

Pinterest Perfect House

Not how I planned it...