Ministry with Sons
It was easier to involve our sons in helping with the ministry when we homeschooled them.
They also traveled with us when my husband was a full time evangelist.
When we moved back to our home state of Georgia our life rhythms changed a lot because we quit homeschooling the older 3 and I started working part time outside of the home. Talk about a change!
I still homeschooled the youngest for Pre-k. Now our oldest son owns his own business, our second son is a Senior in high school at a public school and our younger two are at a private school in 10th grade and 2nd grade.
Each year my husband and I reassess what kind of school our children need to be in and if they need to be homeschooled again or not. Seasons change in life and that’s okay.
I recently took a course that reminded me of the importance of including your children in the work of the ministry. Younger children naturally like to help serve.
If you have teens or young adults all you have to do is ask them to help in a specific area and you will find they might say yes. They want to feel connected and empowered. So let’s empower them in the work of the ministry!
“Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity.” 1 Tim. 4:12

Comments
Post a Comment