Attitude

We moved to a new state a year ago and I still have to use my GPS to drive places. I know how to get to church and the grocery store and a few places to shop but not anywhere else!

I had a busy day ahead of me. I got to go to the grocery store (Aldi) alone (instead of taking four boys) and I was soaking it all in like I was shopping in New York. It was nice. The boys do help me but it was nice to grocery shop alone. I was very happy.

Then I got home and had to rush to unload the cold groceries leaving the rest to unload later. I was hungry for lunch with no time to eat so I mixed up a protein drink and a quick snack to eat as I packed the diaper bag for the dentist.

On the way to the new dentist I got lost and the baby was crying and  the other brother accidentally dumped a ton of expensive formula in the dirty floor of my car trying to help and I was kinda upset.
😡
I envisioned myself calling my husband to complain so he could feel sorry for me! But I was too busy making U turns and trying to navigate my way to the dentist to call him.

I was upset with my son and then I saw his sad face and immediately told him I wasnʼt upset with him but I was upset with myself for missing my turn and getting lost. I shouldʼve thought about his feelings of having to go to a new dentist. He was quick to get back to his carefree self. (He did great at the dentist by the way).

When we finally got to the dentist a few minutes late and I finished filling out the paperwork I took the baby to go look at the fish tank.

Beside the fish tank was a beautiful quote on the wall. It was about attitude...so I changed mine and we got happy again!

You can choose to have a good day or a bad day. And the people around you are watching what you choose.
     


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

College or not? Homeschooling or not?

Life's Passing

When life feels heavy, not merry