The Breaking Away

 The Breaking Away


The Bible speaks of children as arrows 

which are meant to be released.  



But Lord, I want to hold onto them. 

At times, control them, for their goodness sake. 

Yet this causes their spirit to break. 


How do I handle this breaking away,

this making their own way,

when I just want them to stay;


little and moldable,

young and teachable,

forever reachable? 


Lord help me guide them,

launch them, 

release them to You. 


Help me trust Your control

to make the boy a good fellow. 


I need your grace 

and teens seem to need space 

to figure life out on their own 

when Your Word will make it known. 


Lord give us wisdom 

to raise our children for Your Kingdom.


-Brandi Beck Smith

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Unseen Abuse

Pinterest Perfect House

Not how I planned it...