1. Begin your devotion with prayer. Pray for needs in your family and the church. Ask for wisdom daily.
2. Read James 4:1-3 in review.
3. Read James 4:4-5. “Ye adulterers” is talking about a spiritual adultery in this verse. We are the bride of Christ and we commit spiritual adultery when we love other things more than Christ. What do you think the Bible means when it says, “friendship of the world is enmity (ill will, mutual hatred) with God?”
4. Read 1 John 2:15-16 According to 1 John 2:16 what all is in the world?
5. Read 1 John 2:17. According to this verse what are the pros and cons of living for God or the world?
6. Read Matthew 6:24. No one can serve two _______? Which one is your Master?
7. Take a look at your life and make a list of the worldly things and godly things in your life. On a day to day basis what or who governs (decides or determines) what you do…the decisions you make, what you pursue, what you buy, where you go, etc. Are you serving God or money, God or the world, God or yourself? This goes back to last week’s devotion on Galatians 2:20. We must die to our self daily and be crucified with Christ and decide to let Christ be our Master, Lord and King. He is a good God, a great King and One who is Worthy to be worshipped, served and praised! We will never regret letting Christ be in control of our life! The things I do regret are when I took the reigns back into my hands and tried to control things myself. It takes trust and faith to blindly fall back into the arms of Jesus. He will catch you every time though…He has the whole world in His Hands!