Feeling Overwhelmed?

Recently I’ve felt overwhelmed. Part of it due to trying to buy a house and going through the whole process and then the Lord stopping us. (That may be a whole different blog post!)

Or it might be due to lack of sleep with a four month old baby and trying to declutter and switch winter/spring clothes out while tripping over all the baby stuff crammed in this little apartment. “Lord why do you still have us in this little space?!” 

Or it might be because my day went like this:
I’m in the middle of cooking and placing my Kroger clicklist order and the boys say, “Mom he broke the picture!” I calmly say, “Which one? Show me the picture.” John David walks me to the short hallway (the only hallway). I see glass broken all over the carpet. “Guys I don’t have time for this mess! Take the glass to the dumpster and vacuum.” Then we load up and go get groceries. Elijah climbs over the seat and falls on top of the bread and all the bags of groceries and I yell, “I told y’all not to climb over the seats!” (Later I apologize for yelling). We get home to unload the groceries and the bags are breaking so I’m double bagging them and carrying them and the diaper bag up 2 flights of stairs. The boys put the groceries away and I found the parchment paper in the refrigerator. I’m mixing up batter for muffins and Ben tells me 10 times that the baby has a dirty diaper and needs changed. John David learned multiplication and we danced to cheesy you tube learning videos. I’m supposed to start feeding the baby baby food but the high chair we hauled here from Georgia doesn’t have the tray. (I found that out after I spent awhile cleaning it). This is just Mom life. Craziness. Daily. Overwhelming.

What overwhelms you? It may be school, grades, work, your coworkers... your family? 

I was thinking of a remedy for this and I know that some would say to take meds but did you know the Bible has a prescription for this?? 

Psalm 61:2 is the answer. We are to go to Jesus like medicine. We are to just go to Him through prayer. Have you leaned on Him and relied on Him like a daily dose of medicine? He is our living water and our bread of life. We need food daily and that is how much we need Him daily. Try it out and tell me how it works for you!

“Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer.”

(I need a good cry sometimes. I am usually not one to cry. I don’t know if that’s a good thing or a bad thing. Sometimes crying feels like an emotional detox. I’m sure it’s not good to hold it in all the time. We need to express ourselves and release those crazy emotions at times.)

“From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the Rock that is higher than I.”

(That is the remedy!!)

“For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy.”

(He protects us)

“I will abide in thy tabernacle forever: I will trust in the covert of thy wings. Selah.”

(Trust Him as you are nestled under His wings)

“For thou, O God, has heard my vows: thou hast given me the heritage of those that fear thy name.”

(The Lord knows your plans, your vows, your lists of to dos) 

“Thou wilt prolong the king’s life: and his years as many generations. 

He shall abide before God forever: O prepare mercy and truth, which may preserve him.

So will I sing praise unto thy name forever, that I may daily perform my vows.”  Psalm 61:1-8

Now thank the Lord for helping you overCOME your overWHELM to get your task done. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Unseen Abuse

Pinterest Perfect House

Not how I planned it...