Holiness


Lately Iʼve been thinking about the topic of holiness and what it means. When I was a teenager in youth group there was a song that was often sung at youth events that went like this:

“Holiness, holiness is what I long for.
Holiness is what I need. Holiness, holiness is what you want from me.

So take my heart and form it. Take my mind, transform it. Take my will, conform it to yours, to yours oh Lord.

Righteousness, righteousness is what I long for. Righteousness is what I need. Righteousness , righteousness is what you want from me.

Brokenness, brokenness is what I long for. Brokenness is what I need. Brokenness, brokenness is what you want from me.”

What is holiness? I was taught that the word holy meant set apart. Separate. Clean, so that youʼre ready to use for the Masterʼs Will.

You wouldnʼt want to drink out of an empty cup. We need to keep ourselves (our own vessel) clean for the Lord to use. We do this by repenting of sin and putting away sin and filth and confessing our sins and asking His forgiveness. We remain set apart by not conforming to the world and itʼs ways. 

The Bible tells us: “And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.” Romans 12:2

Dare to be different by being holy.

The Lord still calls us to holiness and purity. Not just by how we are dressed on the outside or how we do our hair and makeup but by our heart and our motives. The Lord looks at the heart. Be holy from the inside out. God is Holy, Holy, Holy. He is pure and true. He is Righteous. He is worth the fight of faith.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Unseen Abuse

Pinterest Perfect House

Not how I planned it...