His Still Small Voice

I donʼt know how you make decisions but when I am walking in the Spirit I listen to Godʼs still small voice. He speaks to me with a thought (voice) in my head. After walking with Jesus for 22 years Iʼve come to know what His still small voice sounds like. Of course it has to line up with the Bible.


When Iʼm not in the Word (reading the Bible) and praying then I canʼt hear it as well.
The other day we were trying to make a decision about a home and I kept hearing Godʼs still small voice but I wanted Him to give me something more. Sometimes I still question it. But then when I read my devotional it talked about Godʼs still small voice.

I prayed and prayed and asked God questions and He would immediately answer me but I still doubted. Or maybe I just didnʼt like the answer He was giving me.

When we were about to buy a house that I loved and we heard a still small voice tell us not to we couldnʼt figure out why. But we trusted and put faith in that still small voice and we didnʼt buy that house. Months later our friends told us they drove by it and someone had built a strip club right across the street from the house and you could see it from the living room windows.

What an awful thing that would be for a Preacher and a house full of boys to live across from! And we probably wouldnʼt be able to resell it either! I would be embarrassed to have people over!

So in that instance I was so thankful we listened. The Lord reminded me of that story when I was fighting with Him over whether it was His voice whispering to me or not. He said. “Listen to me.” “No.” “Donʼt do it.”

“Okay Lord. I donʼt understand and I donʼt like waiting but I will choose once again to listen to you.”

Iʼm sure Iʼll have another story to tell you soon.
Another testimony of why waiting on the Lord is better than jumping ahead with your own plans.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Unseen Abuse

Pinterest Perfect House

Not how I planned it...