What Pain Is Teaching Me

I have noticed that when Iʼm in pain it makes me irritable and miserable and mean to people. Especially people in my family. It has made me less patient, kind and understanding.

It has interfered with my sleep, my rest and my fun. It makes me sad for people who deal with health issues all of the time.

The past month I have had pain in my mouth, teeth, jaw and ear. Usually I donʼt ever take Tylenol or Ibuprofen but I have been taking them almost every day because the pain was too much to bear. I know itʼs nothing compared to what some people go through.

I never thought about pain until I experienced it in my own body and then it became all I could think about. Now I have a new compassion and mercy for people who deal with pain on a regular basis. My heart goes out to people who live in chronic pain.

“Pain can create sensitivity to othersʼ sufferings and a greater compassion can be learned from the keen awareness of oneʼs own trials.” Kate Kim

Psalm 4:1 says, “Thou hast enlarged me when I was in distress.”

“The sorrows of life have themselves been a source of lifeʼs enlargement.”
“Dear soul, if you want your sympathy for others to be in enlarged, you must be willing to have your life narrowed to certain degrees of suffering.”

“Your life will be enlarged in proportion to the amount of iron you have endured, for it is in the shadows of your life that you will find the actual fulfillment of your dreams of glory.”
Streams in the Desert by LB Cowman

I love how the Lord speaks to me in my daily devotions to encourage me with what Iʼm going through that day!

So we have reason to rejoice even in pain because it allows us to show mercy and compassion on others going through it.

Even Jesus suffered and endured the cross. We can go to Him in prayer. We can be anointed with oil by the elders and ask them to pray for healing. We can research and take care of ourselves and find the right Doctors to help.

God isnʼt going to waste our pain. Take heart my friend and look up.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Unseen Abuse

Pinterest Perfect House

Not how I planned it...