Moment with the Master Week 5

We have been studying Psalm 63 and will finish it this week.  Take some time now to pray and reread all of Psalm 63.  Ask the Holy Spirit to teach you and counsel you and help you understand the Scripture.
Read Psalm 63:6.  What do you think about when you lay down to go to sleep?  I usually think of everything I did that day, things I didn’t get to do, and my huge to do list for the next day.  Thinking on those things just makes me feel overwhelmed.  The Lord doesn’t want us to feel overwhelmed, discouraged or even worried and stressed.  He wants us to sleep sweetly and feel rested as we meditate on Him.  Psalm 42:8 says, “Yet the Lord will command his lovingkindness in the daytime, and in the night his song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life.”  You can think of songs and say prayers as you lay in bed.  I love to drift off to sleep while I have been praying to Jesus laying in bed.  It is so peaceful!  Maybe tonight we can practice drifting off to sleep thinking of Jesus instead of counting cows jumping over the moon! 
Read Psalm 63:7.  Why did David rejoice in the shadow of His wings?  List some ways God has been your help.  There are so many ways God has been my help and I am so thankful!  One way He has been my help is by providing for me financially.
David is rejoicing in the shadow of His wings.   He began to praise God by raising His hand and now he is close enough to God to be in His shadow…that’s close!
Read Psalm 63:8. What does David mean by his soul followed hard after thee?  Sometimes it is not easy to follow God.  We grow weary and tired and are tempted and tried.  We get busy and lazy and distracted.  We MUST be diligent to follow HARD after God…all the time.  Diligent means “steady, earnest and energetic effort, painstaking”.  Do you give steady (some everyday, consistent), earnest (a seriously intent, sober, important,a want to, desire, passion) and energetic effort in seeking God?  Ouch, that’s convicting!  Lord, forgive me and help me to be diligent in seeking you.
The end of verse 8 says “thy right hand upholdeth me”.  The right hand was used by fathers to bless the firstborn son, therefore the right hand is a place of blessing.  Many times Gods blessing has upheld me.  How has Gods blessing upheld you? 
Praise the Lord this week until you feel like you are rejoicing in the shadow of His wing.  Get close to Him, experience His presence, taste and see that the Lord is good!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Unseen Abuse

Pinterest Perfect House

Not how I planned it...