The Cross

The other day my 5 year old son and I were watching the movie, The Passion (about Jesus dying on the cross).  He wanted to watch it because I was watching a youtube video of the song Not Guilty.  Benjamin thought that at that moment in a different place some men were actually nailing Jesus on the cross.  He said, "Mommy why don't we care that Jesus died on the cross?"  I explained to him what was happening on the movie and that Jesus died on the cross a long time ago, etc.  His comment was convicting and it made me think...Do I act like I care that Jesus died on the cross for me?  The past two weeks I have been thinking a lot about the Cross because I was learning the song I have come by the Way of the Cross and I've been listening to another song about the cross and watching youtube videos from the Passion movie of Jesus suffering for our sins.  It has really made me think and stirred me up.  It made me cry again in awe of what Jesus went through for ME!  Then last night I was reading the book Heaven is for Real and it described Jesus and talked about the nail scarred hands...It made me fall in love with Jesus all over again!  He is sooooo good, so loving, so Holy, so incomprehendable but so REAL.  He wants a love relationship with us.  He doesn't just want to be something checked off a to do list.  (I read my Bible and said a prayer today-check).  He wants you to sit in His lap, imagine His eyes and His arms and His smile...and fall in love with Him.  By dwelling on the cross you will find fulfillment again if you have lost it.  "At the cross, at the cross where I first saw the light, and the burden of my soul rolled away, it was there by faith I received my sight, and now I am happy all the day!"

Please Comment...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Unseen Abuse

Pinterest Perfect House

Not how I planned it...