Be Your Hubby's Cheerleader

An older godly lady reminded me of the importance of encouraging my husband.  Most men need words of affirmation.  A lot of men receive accolades at work from their boss or other employees.  Some men might never receive the encouragement they need to become a better man.  We have a grave responsibility and an awesome opportunity to do something for our husbands that is so simple, yet so important: be his cheerleader and number 1 fan!

I don't want my husband to receive his support and encouragement from a female employee or secretary.  I want him to receive it from me, his wife:)  It is easy to think of the negative things about our spouses and the things in them that we would like to change.  However, if I always focus on my husband's negative qualities (which aren't many-I got a good man!) then they will continually be in my mind and heart and will eventually come out of my mouth in the form of discouragement.  When we discourage our husbands it sets them way behind and they might even resent us for our nagging and become bitter with us.  (I say this from experience!)  The Bible speaks of husbands not becoming bitter toward their wives...so lets not give them anything to be bitter about!  We can only do this through the help of the Holy Spirit and the instruction of the Bible, God's Holy Word (still relevant to today's marriage)!


Ephesians 4:29 talks about only speaking words that are encouraging and uplifting.  I have talked about this in dealing with our children, but it is paramount with our husbands.  Our husbands will measure up to the man that we speak about with our words!  "Death and life are in the power of the tongue..."  "As a man thinketh, so is he..."  If you say:

"My husband is not a spiritual leader in our home"
"My husband is lazy"
"He never helps around the house"
"He never plays with the kids"
"He works too much"

Then he will live up to what you say.  Change your thoughts and make them positive and began saying out loud so your husband can overhear you say:

"I love my husband"
"He's great with the kids"
"He works so hard to provide for our family"
"I appreciate him"

Keep this up and you will be amazed at the difference in your attitude and his!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Unseen Abuse

Pinterest Perfect House

Not how I planned it...