Best Ever Pumpkin Muffins (Dairy Free alternative)

I just made our favorite food to eat this time of year...pumpkin muffins.  We eat them for snack, dessert, breakfast and everything in between!  The original recipe was found by my sister-in-law on cooks.com, but I tweaked it to make it healthy and dairy free and they are still the bomb!

You have got to try this recipe...your kids will love it and the pumpkin is good for them:)

Make them 1-2 days ahead for best flavor.  Ours are gone before then so I make a double batch and refrigerate the batter.

Makes 12 regular or 48 mini muffins.

1 2/3 cup whole wheat flour   (I use freshly ground)
2/3 cup sugar or sucanat (if brown sugar, add to wet)
1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice*
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 large eggs (I use powder egg replacer and water)
1 15oz can pumpkin
1/2 cup or 1 stick melted butter (I use earth balance)
1 cup (6oz) chocolate chips
1/4 cup milk if mix is too dry (almond milk)

Mix dry ingredients and in another bowl whisk wet ingredients.  Stir in choc. chips.  Pour wet over dry and fold until moistened.  Bake 20-25 min. 350 degrees.

*Pumpkin Pie Spice
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg (I use fresh grated)
1/8 tsp ground allspice
Yields 1 tsp

TIP to get High Dome Muffins
Fill up muffin tins full with thick batter, not pourable.
Put in a hot oven set to 425 degrees for 6 min. then lower to 350 degrees for the remainder of the time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Unseen Abuse

Pinterest Perfect House

Not how I planned it...