As a young Pastor's wife I love to ask older Pastor's wives for their advice. One older lady told me to simply guard my tongue.
A different lady told me to simply love Jesus with all my heart.
Another lady told me to support and follow my husband.
When I don't get an opportunity to talk to an older godly lady I like to be discipled by them through reading their books.I came across a wonderful book for minister's wives that has really been a help to me. I have tried to read some of these books before and I didn't get very far before I quit reading. However, this book has really impressed me so far. It has a cheesy name and a cheesy cover, but don't judge a book by it's cover. The title of the book is 10 Things Every Minister's Wife Needs to Know by Jeana Floyd It is only a couple of years old and it is very relevant.
To give you a quick overview, here are a few of the "10 things" in a nut shell.
1. The "Secret" to Survival is finding a secret place with God daily (Psalm 91)
2. Remember who you are--have an identity in Christ, not in "pastor's wife"
3. Love the man you married--spend time with him and serve him
4. Let it go (criticism, conflict, unforgiveness)
5. Learn from the past, live in the present, trust God for the future