Book for the Minister's Wife

As a young Pastor's wife I love to ask older Pastor's wives for their advice.  One older lady told me to simply guard my tongue.
A different lady told me to simply love Jesus with all my heart.
Another lady told me to support and follow my husband.

When I don't get an opportunity to talk to an older godly lady I like to be discipled by them through reading their books.
I came across a wonderful book for minister's wives that has really been a help to me.  I have tried to read some of these books before and I didn't get very far before I quit reading.  However, this book has really impressed me so far.  It has a cheesy name and a cheesy cover, but don't judge a book by it's cover.  The title of the book is 10 Things Every Minister's Wife Needs to Know by Jeana Floyd  It is only a couple of years old and it is very relevant.

To give you a quick overview, here are a few of the "10 things" in a nut shell.

1. The "Secret" to Survival is finding a secret place with God daily (Psalm 91)
2. Remember who you are--have an identity in Christ, not in "pastor's wife"
3. Love the man you married--spend time with him and serve him
4. Let it go (criticism, conflict, unforgiveness)
5. Learn from the past, live in the present, trust God for the future

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Unseen Abuse

Pinterest Perfect House

Not how I planned it...