It's Okay To Cry

As a Pastor's wife sometimes I think that the church members should think that I am perfect.  This weight is put on a lot of preacher's wives.  It is hard to carry at times.  Yes, we should be a godly example to others and live above reproach but we should not lead them to believe we are perfect.  This creates discouragement in them thinking they can never attain "godliness".  You must use discernment and be led by the Holy Spirit to know when to share the REAL struggles of your life with others.  For example, last week I was really struggling and I was about at a breaking point so I asked the whole church to remember me in their prayers that week.  The very next day I could already tell people were praying for me.  Even the following few days since then I still feel the prayers!  It was a wonderful thing to experience that I would have missed out on if I did not let them see my weakness.  I think I would still be in a struggle now if I did not ask them to pray.  This morning as I sang a song about Jesus keeping me safe til the storm passes by I could not hold back the tears...I thought about the storm Jesus had just brought me out of and He HAD kept me safe til it passed by...I was so thankful for the Lord's goodness and for the saints prayers!  Here are the lyrics to that song for your encouragement:

"Out on the waters, storms raging high, the waters around them they were trouble that night, fear filled their hearts they felt they would die, they failed to remember that the Master was nigh.
He spoke the word and winds all stood still, even the waters they obeyed His will.  He calmed their storm just like He will mine if I just remember He lives deep inside.  
So why should I worry, why should I fear, when the very same Jesus He is always so near.  He lives in my heart He hears when I cry, I'll call on His name til the storm passes by.
We read in the Bible when He walked with them, He brought light to the darkness when the way grew dim.  How great it would be to have His footsteps in mine and walk with the Master all of the time and when sickness comes and my body's in pain all I have to do is call on His name...
So why should I worry, why should I fear, when the very same Jesus He is always so near.  He lives in my heart He hears when I cry, I'll call on His name til the storm passes by."

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Unseen Abuse

Pinterest Perfect House

Not how I planned it...