Being an “Older” Mom


Hey yʼall! I hope youʼre having a great day! Itʼs the beginning of spring and Iʼm so excited!
I was thinking about some lessons Iʼve learned being an older mom. I have four kids but I had my fourth child at age 35. When my first 3 kids were babies I would get so frustrated when I had to leave a church service to take care of them. I would get mad and bitter when I had to leave good conversations to go change a diaper or nurse the baby. Sometimes the babies felt like a burden instead of a blessing. This time itʼs different. There is an 8 year gap between my third and fourth child and Iʼm older now . Now I donʼt get mad, bitter or frustrated when I have to leave a church service or something to care for the baby. I enjoy taking the baby to change him or feed him because he is precious. I take the opportunity alone with the baby to love on him, talk to him and enjoy him because I know how fast his older brothers grew up! As a 35 year old Mom with a baby I am having so much fun this time! It may be because my other three children are almost 13, 10 and 8 so they are good helpers and can take care of themselves. They love their baby brother and it has brought our family even closer. With this fourth baby I truly see him as a blessing and not a burden. Now that Iʼm 35 and not in my 20ʼs I see that nothing is more important than your family (and the Lord of course). So people were right when they would say having babies when youʼre older is more enjoyable. Iʼm thankful we finally said yes to God when He told us to have another baby!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Unseen Abuse

Pinterest Perfect House

Not how I planned it...