Rearranging Heart and Home

Today my friend helped me rearrange and reorganize my house.  We spent all day doing it and we are still not done.  God has been reorganizing my life lately as well.  He is trying to get my priorities in the right order.  He is trying to get sin, selfishness, laziness, pride and perfectionism out of me and get the fruit of the Spirit flowing through me.  Things get messy and ugly when you clean out clutter and rearrange your house...or your heart.  God puts me in situations where my ugly side comes out for me to see.  It is then that I realize God is still working on me.  Sometimes things look worse before they look better.  All my sons clothes were dumped in a pile in the middle of the floor and it looked really messy, but that was the only way to clean out the ones that were too small and get rid of the ones with holes or stains.  Now they are folded neatly in a plastic bin!  Sometimes it may feel like our life is in a messed up pile and we can't sort it out...but God knows how to take that pile and get it to where He can use it for His glory.  We just have to trust Him when it seems like a mess.

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding.  Acknowledge Him in all thy ways and He shall direct thy path."  Proverbs 3:5-6

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Unseen Abuse

Pinterest Perfect House

Not how I planned it...