Do Your Children Have Your Heart?

Do your children have your heart? What I mean by that is do you love being with them...leading them, discipling them, loving them? God gave you your children to disciple. If we serve everything else and neglect our children we are failing.

Malachi 4:6 says:
6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

Loving our children doesnʼt always come naturally. If it did God wouldnʼt have put it in the Bible in Titus 2. His Word says:

Titus  2:4-5
4 That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,
5 To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

My children havenʼt ALWAYS had my heart fully. There was a time that I was pursuing money and taking things in my own hands instead of trusting Godʼs provision and making sacrifices financially. When money was my idol for that short time my children did not have my heart. My husband gently led me back to a healthy path which led toward home, seeking the Lord and trusting Him, and serving my family. Over time my heart turned back toward my children.

During that time no one wouldʼve noticed the change in my heart except maybe my husband and children. I still loved them and was with them constantly but I was constantly working from home on my phone or computer and not giving them the attention and discipleship they needed.

The Bible says in Deuteronomy 6:6-7
6 And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:
7 And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.

This is why I love being a stay at home homeschooling Mom. I can teach them about the Lord when we are eating lunch together and running errands together and all through the day. Itʼs natural that way.

Early one morning recently my eight-year-old was snuggling in the bed with me and my baby and we were talking and the conversation led to the gospel. I asked my eight-year-old to share the gospel with my baby who is eight months old and he did an amazing and precious job sharing the gospel with his baby brother. That moment makes it worth the sacrifices that come from living on one income. It made my heart melt.

There are times that drive my crazy donʼt get me wrong! And I know these days most families have both parents working. But no matter what your schedule is make time for your children. Even if itʼs late at night before bed.

As I was writing this post I came across this verse that encouraged me. I have said no to several different jobs to stay home with my children and this verse helps me.

Philippians 3:8
8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Unseen Abuse

Pinterest Perfect House

Not how I planned it...