A New Look on the Lord's Prayer

This was a great Sunday School lesson by Sean Thomas that gave me a new look on the Lord's Prayer and the Basics of Prayer.  I thought I already knew all about the Lord's prayer (haha) but God still convicts me and shows me new and wonderful things in His Word!  I always need to be challenged and reminded to pray more.  Lets look at Luke 11 for a minute...

I noticed in verse 1 that he prayed in a "certain place".  Do you have a certain place that you go to to pray everyday and meet the Lord?  I like to pray lying in the bed talking to God as a friend as I drift off to sleep.  I like to pray in the shower at the beginning of a new day.  I like to pray about circumstances while driving down the road in the car.  I like to pray for my family while I am doing the laundry and the dishes.  But, the times when I really want to get ahold of God I go to my room and get on my knees and pour out my whole heart to God so only He can hear me.  You can pray anywhere and everywhere but it is meaningful to have a certain place you go daily to meet with God.

Alright, now here is what Bro. Sean taught on prayer.

1. Aproach God with Tenderness  "Our Father"
    -Sometimes we forget that God is our Daddy, Abba, sweet Father.  If you do not have a loving earthly father, you DO have a loving Heavenly Father who loves you tenderly.

2. Aproach God with Reverence  "which art in Heaven"
    -Sometimes I pray irreverently and quickly over my food, etc. and I forget that I am talking to GOD in HEAVEN...WOW!!  We would treat someone in authority on earth with respect, we should definetely treat God with reverence!

3. Aproach God with Respect  "Hallowed be thy name"
    -God is Holy and awesome.  He is to be worshiped and adored.  Holy means set apart.  He is above all!

4. Aproach God with Devotion  "Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done"
   -We should continually be surrendered and devoted to God's will and not OUR will.  Some seasons I am more willing to do His will than mine.  In order for me to continually be surrendered to His will I must stay in prayer!  Sean said, "Is there anything in your life that is hindering God's Kingdom?"  "My worldly desires dwindle when God's will is exercised."

5. Aproach God with Humility  "His-thy will be done"
   -Life is not all about me...man!  'His will is going to be accomplised, do you want to be a part of it?'  I want to!  I want to serve my King, my Creator, my Master and Father!  When I get to Heaven I want to hear "Well done my good and faithful servant."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Unseen Abuse

Pinterest Perfect House

Not how I planned it...