Wear Yourself Out

On the way to Kentucky last week for revival we were listening to a sermon in the van.  The preacher was talking about the people in history who literally wore themselves out in service to the Lord.  I remember my husband reading the book Praying Hyde and it said that he prayed so hard everyday and night that his heart shifted to the other side and caused major health issues!  Can you imagine!?  Jesus prayed so hard in such anguish that he sweat drops of blood in the garden.

Jesus gave HIS ALL, HIS LIFE for us...the least we can do is serve Him.  The preacher said,"Have you ever wore yourself out for the Lord?"  I got to thinking...it had been awhile since I wore myself out in service to God.  Well, after 11 days spent away from home going to church almost every night and Sunday twice a day with 3 boys and the baby waking me up at night and supporting my husband in prayer as he preaches and visiting with many people...I can now say that I wore myself out for God's glory!  It landed me in bed for several days with an awful cold and the devil tried to tell me I couldn't handle the lifestyle of evangelism...but I reminded him of the 2 souls saved, many hearts revived, and people encouraged in the Lord.  It was worth wearing myself out!
And Jesus brings rest and refreshment when we need it...He says to come to Him when we are weary and He will give us rest.  Praise God!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Unseen Abuse

Pinterest Perfect House

Not how I planned it...