Moment with the Master Week 4

I pray you are not growing weary in daily spending time with the Lord through these devotions.  If you keep it up, it will become a habit to read your Bible and pray everyday, then it will become a delight!  So, let us press on together sisterJ
1.    Read Psalm 63:4  How does David praise the Lord and how should we?

I have been saved since I was 13 years old and have been going to church at least three times a week or more every week of my life.  That is a lot of opportunities to offer praise to the Lord, but I wasted a lot of those opportunities.  When I was at a youth camp it was easy to raise my hand to worship because other people were.  However, when I got back to my regular church I quit raising my hands to worship for two reasons.  One reason was no one else was raising their hands to worship.  The second reason was the devil was telling me that because I wasn’t perfect and had not prayed enough or been with Him that day that I would be a hypocrite to raise my hand and worship.  Finally, one day a few years ago the Lord taught me that He wanted me to praise Him with my hand raised in church (and at home) no matter how I felt or what I had done wrong that day.  He is always worthy of our praise!

Read Psalm 100:1-5.  Psalm 100:4 says, “Enter into his gates with thanksgiving and into his courts with praise.”  How can you apply this verse in your life?

One way is to come before the Lord by telling Him thank you when you start your prayer.  I am in the habit of starting most of my prayers by saying, “Lord thank you for today and everything you’ve done for us and given us…”  My kids have heard me start my prayers like that and now that’s how Benjamin starts his prayer!

2.    Read Psalm 63:5  “My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness”  Marrow is the soft tissue that fills the cavities of most bones.  Fatness is defined as “well filled out, abundant, and richly rewarding”  So, this verse means my soul is satisfied to the core with Jesus and He fills every crack, crevice and emptiness in my heart with His love.  It means Jesus has made me full, content, abundant and richly rewards me for being satisfied in Him.  John Piper once said, “God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him.”  Think about that.  Is your soul satisfied in Jesus today?  What will it take to satisfy you?

3.    Wherever you are right now put into practice verse 5 by opening your mouth and praising the Lord joyfully.  Oh, come on, be a good sport and do itJ  It is contagious!  One example of how I do this is by singing godly songs or making up songs to the Lord.  I sing while I clean the house, do the dishes and feed the kids.  Before I know it I look up and my 3 and 5 year old are singing too!  One day I got onto Benjamin for yelling and then I continued to sing loud and he said, “You are being loud too!”  I told him that is was ok to sing loud to Jesus!  What is one way you can add praising the Lord to your daily routine?

4.    A lot of times I begin to find satisfaction in Jesus by praising Him, worshipping Him, singing to Him and being in His presence.  Try this and see if you find the same satisfaction!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Unseen Abuse

Pinterest Perfect House

Not how I planned it...