Anger and cabbage boiling over

Tonight I was cleaning up after supper while listening to a good sermon on the radio.  After it went off the house was quiet and I was scraping off the stove top where water had boiled over.  I thought to myself what a hard job it was to clean the stove top just because water boiled over while I was cooking cabbage.  When the water hit the hot stove top it turned black.  I was able to clean it all off, but I thought about how much easier it would have been if I would have never let the cabbage boil over.  

Same thing with my anger.  Earlier that night I had envisioned a nice family time together with rest afterward.  However, things didn't go as planned.  I became ill because I was hungry and tired...not a good combination.  I let my anger boil over onto my husband and I spewed at him with hot words.  I made myself a mess to clean up.  I "burnt" him just like the boiling water burned the stove top.  I had to go back and humbly apologize to him and ask for his forgiveness. 

I could have prevented the mess if I would have eaten me a little snack, sat down to rest a minute and prayed.  I could have prevented the water boiling over if I would have taken some of the water out of the pot.  

Sometimes life gets too full and too busy and our pots are so full that we easily boil over.  

The Bible says in Ephesians 4:26, "In your anger do not sin". 

Take some time this week to empty your pot.  Maybe take a walk, read a good book, pray, journal, or go out with friends.  

Ask God to help you not explode in anger.   

By the way, the cabbage turned out good:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Unseen Abuse

Pinterest Perfect House

Not how I planned it...