My husband preached tonight on the qualities of a godly woman, so I thought I would share. A godly woman is:
1. A good manager (Proverbs 31:11, Luke 8:3) Be a good manager of your time and your money. Manage your money so well that your husband will not worry that you will spend all the money he has made. You have the freedom to be industrious and make money and manage it well for the betterment of your family.
2. A positive influence (Proverbs 31:12, 14:1) Be the thermostat of the room and determine the atmosphere of your home or your workplace. Women have great influence. Have you ever heard the saying, "If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy."?
3. Diligent in her purpose (Acts 16:14-15) Don't be lazy OR be a busybody. Work with a purpose and a plan. The woman in Proverbs considered a field and bought it. She had a plan.
4. Prepared and equipped for every task (Proverbs 31:17) Take care of your body and your health so you can take care of those you love. Eat healthy and get enough sleep and rest so you can do this.
5. Confident in her gifts and abilities (Proverbs 31:18) "She perceiveth that her merchandise is good.." Use your gifts to the glory of God!
6. She is sacrificial (Proverbs 31:20) "She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy." Women have hearts of compassion, love, and that desire to nurture and care for others. We must sacrifice our bodies to months of pregnancy and childbirth, nursing and caring for babies. We sacrifice sleep and leisure time to do all that is required to feed, clothe and care for our family and home. God sees all this. He knows what it is to sacrifice His One and only Son for us.
7. She is honorable in her words and behavior (Judges 4:6-9) Honor the Word of God if you want to be honorable.
8. She is wise and kind (Proverbs 31:26) Every time you open your mouth does wisdom come out? Do you speak with kindness or sarcasm?
This message was convicting and uplifting at the same time. I have a lot I need to work on, but I am encouraged that God gave women such great influence. God created women and He knows how we feel and where we struggle. He knows our inmost being. When your husband cannot understand you, God can. We have a choice to make each day. Will we choose to manage our money and time well? Will we choose to be positive and diligent? Will we choose to be prepared and confident? Will we choose to be sacrificial or selfish? Will we choose to be wise and kind or harsh and critical?
When we choose the latter it always comes with emptiness and guilt. When we choose to refresh others we end up being refreshed. There is fullness in loving and giving and serving. Choose to live an honorable life unto the Lord! Don't let others determine your mood or your day or your life. Be the best you can be to the glory of God!