Bringing in the New Year

As I write this there are only two hours left of the year 2010!  What a year this has been for our family.  Following Jesus is never boring.  We have made so many new friends this year and I am so thankful for the body of Christ.  I am thankful for a lot of things this past year but I am most thankful that the Lord gives grace and mercy.  When we fall down, he picks us up.  When we are weak, He is strong.  When we need grace He gives it.  When we don't deserve mercy, He gives it.  This has been a year that God has shown me all my faults and all my weaknesses.  It was overwhelming at times and I got discouraged at times...but there was freedom when I repented and when I made the Lord my strength.  The year 2010 has shown me that I am no good without the Lord.  I am nothing without him and I have no reason to be proud.  If we get prideful He will humble us...."Pride goeth before destruction"  What has the Lord shown you this past year about Himself?  What has He shown you about yourself?  Happy New Years Eve!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Unseen Abuse

Pinterest Perfect House

Not how I planned it...