When you're sick in your soul

I think the health of our body and our spirit go hand in hand a lot of times.  The Bible says that "a merry heart doeth good like medicine" Our family has been taking turns battling physical sickness and after awhile all of my surrounding circumstances made my soul sick as well.  It started with being on bedrest the last part of my pregnancy and in the middle of that moving from Kentucky to Georgia while my husband finished working in Ky.  I have a 4 year old and a 2 year old and now a 2 month old baby.  Thankfully our family helped out A LOT or I couldn't have done it.  So, I had the baby (great story for another blog) and my husband got finished working and back home with us and we were all good.  Then, 3 times in one month my husband about got killed by trees while deer hunting!  A tree fell on our jeep with my 2 sons in it and if it had been a foot to the left it would've landed on them.  Then my husbands arm was pinned between a moving vehicle and a tree and it tore 3 muscles in half while hyperextending it backwards at the elbow.  He was alone and his cell phone had fallen in the creek.  Thankfully he remembered how to do lamaze breathing from coaching me in childbirth so he didn't pass out.  All he had was Jesus in that tragic moment and the Lord got him unstuck and gave him strength to walk to a house with a door that said "I love Jesus".  Now he is in a sling for 3-6 months.  So, I had the stress of a new home, new baby, no sleep, a hurt husband with no insurance and a lot of medical bills!  I was becoming a little anxious and a lot exhausted!  The Lord proved himself faithful to provide money for the medical bills.  This was a blessing because we are in full time ministry by faith!  Well, just as I was beginning to get used to my husband in a sling December rolls around...the busiest time of the year.  We were so excited about Christmas coming...we love everything about it....except being sick during it!  That is when the boys and I got sick and it lasted almost the whole month of December.  My 2 year old was up one night with the croup cough.  (Garlic oil to the rescue...mash a clove of garlic and put it in hot olive oil for 7 minutes or more and strain and refrigerate...then massage into the lungs and chest for a cough).  Then I got some kind of bug or something which totally took me out because I am nursing and have not been resting or sleeping.  So I was down and out and began to get anxious and depressed from being cooped up in the house while my husband had to do all the Christmas shopping without me one armed!  Ugh...pity party..but I'm over it now thanks to my Jesus:)  My point behind telling you all this is that when you are soul sick NOTHING makes you feel better except Jesus and His Word.  Christmas presents, shopping, money, visitors, food (I lost my appetite), hugs, words, new clothes-NOTHING made me feel better until I got alone with the Lord and read His sweet refreshing WORD which fed me and revived me in my soul sick state.  HE has the cure for a soul that is sick...I found it and so can you!  "Daughter, go in peace, thy faith hath made thee WHOLE"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Unseen Abuse

Pinterest Perfect House

Not how I planned it...