Cheerleading and Scripture Memory

What do cheerleading and scripture memory have in common?  I just found out today!  When I was in Middle and Highschool I was a cheerleader and I loved the Lord.  (He has since convicted me of wearing such short skirts though:)  Now as a mother of three sometimes I wonder why I spent so much time cheerleading...does it help me any today?  Now I can say "Yes!" 

I have been trying to think of creative ways to teach my children how to memorize scripture.  A lot of people put them to songs with catchy tunes but I'm not the best singer
I decided I would put hand motions to the scripture (like a cheer). :)
If you know me well then you might know that I put my hands on my hips when I get mad-which causes my husband to laugh!  Now my two year old puts his hands on his hips when he is ill!  LOL

Well, now I am putting my cheerleading skills to use again and having fun watching my boys learn the Bible in a new way!  Remember we are to "hide God's Word in our heart so that we might not sin against Him."  Psalm 119:11

Does anyone have a comment on how you learn or teach Scripture?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Unseen Abuse

Pinterest Perfect House

Not how I planned it...