Reusable Wipes and Cloth Diapers

I have only been using my reusable wipes now for a week or so but I absolutely LOVE them!  I gave my mother in law (who likes to sew and has more time to do that now than I do) my cute baby receiving blankets that my 6 month old has grown out of.  She took the cute blankets, cut them in little squares of various sizes and surged the ends.  I then placed them in a plastic wipe container and put some water and liquid natural soap in it.  One time I put water and Burts Bees Baby Shampoo in it.  You can also put essential oils in it like tea tree oil (antifungal) or any oil that smells good.  I have read that you should not use lavendar oil on little boys because of adverse effects....anyone have any info on that?? 
These wipes are SO EASY to make and use.  They are a little damp and work great on bottoms and faces and sticky hands.  After I use it I put it in the dirty cloth diaper and put them both in a big bucket by the toilet with a lid.  Every other day I wash my cloth diapers and wipes and save tons of money!
We use Fuzzibuns cloth diapers and Kushies cloth diapers. Fuzzibuns have snaps on them and a removable liner (which can be aggravating taking in and out every time you wash it).  I like the Kushies diapers better because they velcro (which is quicker) and they wash all in one piece with nothing to remove and insert (which is quicker and easier).  I am all about quick and easy with 3 boys, homeschooling and baking bread!

I roughly estimated that in 1 1/2-2 years you will spend about $3,000 in disposable diapers!  Using cloth diapers saves money, is good for the planet, and good for the baby's bottom.  You can find good deals on diapers online at diapers.com, and even at yard sales!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Unseen Abuse

Pinterest Perfect House

Not how I planned it...