Kombucha Tea

I love things that are healthy and cheap and Kombucha is just that!  What is it?  It is a fizzy tea that you drink cold.  It is refreshing and hydrating.  It is fermented so it puts all that good bacteria in your gut which is the center of your health.  (Yes, your gut!)

A few days after drinking it my intestines hurt and it cleaned and detoxed my body easily.  After that I felt SSSSSOOOOOO GOOD!  I had bursts of energy and just wanted to jump up and exercise (which is unusual these days!)  I felt like I was on the verge of another sinus infection but drinking kombucha kept it away.  It is like a probiotic drink.  When you take antibiotics it kills ALL the bacteria, even the good.  We must have good bacteria in us to fight off sickness and be healthy.

How do you make it?
Either buy (for under $5 some places) a mushroom (sounds weird but you don't drink the shroom) or use on from a friend who makes kombucha.

Then all you need is apple cider vinegar, sugar and 8 green tea bags.
You can carefully follow the directions that come with your mushroom.  Basically all you do is brew the tea and add 1 1/2 cups of white sugar.  Then once it has cooled you add the vinegar and the mushroom to a glass gallon jar and let it sit and ferment for 7-10 days.  In the meantime it has grown a new mushroom to make your second batch of tea. 

My boys and I LOVE it.  It might taste bad or vinegary to you at first and you can add juice to your cup while drinking.  It can be an aquired taste but your body will LOVE it.  It is so easy.  It slows the process of aging as well...look younger for cheaper and make it in your home!  Go try kombucha:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Unseen Abuse

Pinterest Perfect House

Not how I planned it...