Words

Words are powerful.  A lot of times I speak without thinking and my words hurt the person I was speaking to.  Sometimes my words make people angry and sometimes my words encourage people.  The words we choose to say have the power to build up or tear down other people!  Wow.  What an opportunity. 

Yesterday morning I woke up and walked into the living room where my husband was sitting and without thinking I said three things that either bossed him around or were negative!  He pointed it out and said,  "Why didn't you just say 'Good Morning Honey!'"  Haha!  I wake up on the run and want to get the laundry started and breakfast started and the morning chores out of the way before I sit down with tea.  I woke up with my to do list on my mind and blurted it out to my hubby and it made him ill.  If I would have chosen different words, sweet words, happy words then it would have made my hubby happy!

Another problem I have with words is that I say too much!  Can anyone relate?  I accidently share too much information or I (unaccidently) gossip.  Ouch.  I know, it's horrible isn't it!?  I have been praying that God will set a guard over my mouth.  I used to pray that everyday and He did because I did not struggle with my mouth like I have been lately.  Prayer does work!

This morning I read Proverbs 21:23 "Whoso keepeth his mouth and his tongue keepeth his soul from troubles."  This is very true.  If I kept my mouth shut I
 would not 'ensnare myself with words'.  Let us instead practice Ephesians 4:29
"Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers."

This includes how we talk to our spouses and children.  They need our encouraging words.  You will reap what you sow, so sow some encouragement!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Unseen Abuse

Pinterest Perfect House

Not how I planned it...