Are You Overwhelmed?

Sometimes life can get overwhelming.  Paying bills, working, taking care of your family, church, activities, sports, problems, cooking and cleaning, never ending laundry, people always needing you and calling your name...what overwhelms you?  God knew we would get overwhelmed.  When life seems out of control what are you tempted to do?  You could be tempted to yell, cry, drink, smoke, cuss, etc.  But God wants you to cast your cares on Him.  "Casting all your care on Him because He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7  Call out to Him in prayer when you are overwhelmed. 

      As a Pastor's wife I get overwhelmed a lot. 
      As a mother of three kids who homeschools I get overwhelmed! 
      As an obsessive compulsive neat freak I get overwhelmed:)   
      As a woman with hormones I get overwhelmed...

This is the verse that I read today when I was overwhelmed...

"Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer.  From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.  For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy.  I will abide in thy tabernacle forever: I will trust in the covert of thy wings."

Like the song says, "God is bigger than any mountain, bigger than anything."  God is higher than our circumstances and He can handle them when we cannot.  Praise His Name!  Go to God, He can help you:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Unseen Abuse

Pinterest Perfect House

Not how I planned it...