Friday, June 22, 2012

Insecurity and Significance

The older I have gotten (I'm only 28 though!) the more I struggle with insecurity.  I don't know if its because I've had three babies and quit exercising as much or if its because I don't remind myself of God's Word on the matter like I used to.  When I was a teenage girl I kept notes in my Bible and in my room that had verses on the topic of insecurity and self image.  I constantly reminded myself of who I was in Christ.  I had a quote in my Bible that said,

"I am significant because Christ lives in me and I am secure because I am in Christ"     
Think about that for a minute...You don't have to feel insecure, invisible, less than or like a nobody because if you are born again then the King of ALL Kings lives INSIDE of you and that makes you somebody!!  That makes you a child of the King, a saint, an heir, a son and daughter of God!

Colossians 1:27 says, "To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the gentiles; which is CHRIST IN YOU the hope of glory."

I can be secure because I am in Christ...He is my Rock, my fortress, my shield, my protecter.

Ephesians 2:6 says, "and hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus" 
 
2 Corinthians 5:17 says, "If any man be in Christ He is a new creature.."

Be confident in who you are in Christ!  Be thankful that Christ lives in you ans share it with the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment