Are You Burdened?

A few days ago I was really burdened.  I don't know all of the reasons why, but I felt the Holy Spirit prompting me to be still, listen, and pray.  

At the time I was busy...like all mothers of small children.  God was asking me to be still and listen when all around me was chaos; 3 active boys running around the house, dishes to be put away, bath water to let out, etc.

I was praying in the bathroom as I was picking up towels.  I said "God I don't know why I am so burdened but whatever it is I take it to you."

My husband had shared with me the story of the little boy who was kidnapped on the school bus.  He was taken underground for 5 days with a man.  He was only about 5 years old.  I thought about my son who is 6.  I thought about his parents fears and heartache.  He was found unharmed but I bet he will carry emotional scars from that week.  I prayed for them. 

I think about our soldiers who are fighting as we speak.  I think about the danger, pain, heartache and suffering they WILLINGLY go through to protect our country.  I think about how young some of them are.  I think about my sons.  Will they grow up to do that?  So I pray for the parents, spouses and children of our military. 

I think about the Prisoners of War who are suffering alone...tortured in dark and lonely places.  Is anyone interceding for them?

I think about Christians in other countries who are imprisoned for the gospel's sake.  I think about their wives and children who miss them.  I think about the churches who have no Pastor because he was killed for being a Christian.  We need to pray for them.

I think about those precious children who have cancer.  I think about their Mommy's and Daddy's who love them so much and don't know what to do.  They need us to pray for them.

I think of the starving kids in other countries.  I see their bloated brown bellies and boney arms.  Does anyone hear the Spirits call to pray?

My friend might go to Haiti on a mission trip.  She said the hardest part would be leaving all the babies crying in their cribs with no one to pick them up.  Oh, my heart aches for them.  What can I do?  I can pray.

I think about the over 50% of divorced marriages and the children involved.  I think about the devastation and insecurity it brings to children of all ages.  So I pray for them.

Sometimes we get so wrapped up in television, movies, face book, internet, cooking and cleaning, singing in church...that we forget to be still and pray.

"Be still and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.  The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge."  Psalm 46:10-11   

God will be exalted...The Lord is with us.

I think of Joseph.  He was thrown in a pit, sold as a slave, put in prison, treated unjustly...but the Bible says that God was with him through it all.

When you are burdened, pray for those people on your heart, that God will be with them. 

   

Comments

  1. Sweet Brandi... what a soft heart you have. This was a wonderful post & a super reminder to us all to remember those people who hover on the edges of our consciousness, those we know about, but don't really "know"... and to pray for them AND for the unknown. Sometimes I feel like it's such a small thing to say, "God, be with the ___ people" and mention some group of people who are really not known to me, but I know they're out there. You've reminded me that it's NOT a small thing & when God lays it on my heart, I need to whisper to Him & lift them up, even in anonymity to Him... He knows them even if I don't. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Unseen Abuse

Pinterest Perfect House

Not how I planned it...