Attitude Shift

I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.  I had a busy weekend and was so tired because my baby still keeps me up all night.  I am not a napper so I am just greatly lacking in sleep these days.  My four and two year old don't understand why I don't wake up leaping off walls like they do.  I envy their energy! 

I could have a million excuses as to why I woke up ill and complaining to my husband, but really I just needed to change my attitude and get right!
There are always two ways to look at things; negative or positive.  I married a man who is almost always very positive...this can be annoying if you are wanting to grovel in self pity and complain!  But, he helps me see that all I need to do to have a good attitude is to enjoy all the blessings the Lord has given me. 

My husband made me a cup of tea this morning.  That should have been seen as a blessing.....but all I saw was that he put 8 bay leaves in it instead of just one and it tasted horrible!

I had a banana for breakfast, which to the hungry is a blessing, but to me it was not enough because I wanted a waffle too!

I am able to stay home with my children which is a big blessing, but all I saw was that I was tired and wanted to go back to bed.

I could either choose to see the positive or the negative.  To be honest, it was a battle all day long in trying to choose to see the happy side of things.  But, when I did it was way more fun for my family.  When my husband left for the day and I was still in a bad mood he just said, "Enjoy the children."  I thought about that statement all day long and remembered how precious they are and how fast they are growing.  I slowly started to change my attitude and to have fun and enjoy my wild little boys on this rainy day!  Now I better go because they want me to make some chocolate chip muffins that we can enjoy together!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Unseen Abuse

Pinterest Perfect House

Not how I planned it...