Going to Church

There are many people in my generation who are faithful to church, but there are more who are not.  My husband is a preacher so we "have to" go to church and hardly ever think about not going.  However, the past couple weeks it has been really difficult to get up and going and out the door to church in the cold with three little ones.  It is sometimes tempting to keep sleeping instead of getting up and getting everyone pretty for church.  It is a big task for young families to get everyone out the door on time, but I want to encourage you that it is worth it!  When I change my perspective it makes it easier to get out the door to church. 

 I remind myself that I am going for the Lord; to hear from Him, to love and worship Him, to obey Him, and to please Him.  I go to church because I want my children to hear from the Lord and learn to worship Him.  I go to church to be with other people who love Jesus.  I go to church to encourage and be encouraged.  Even though my kids distract me from the message a lot of times, I still get fed from God's Word.  It is always worth going to church.  "Not forsaking the assemblying of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching." Hebrews 10:25

Tips to make it easy to go to church:
-Pick out everyone's clothes the night before
-Have an easy breakfast that morning
-Pack the diaper bag the night before
-Have gas in the car, and a snack in the car
-Have Bibles, tithes and offerings, pen and paper together
-Pray the day before and the day of church (and all the time!)
-GO


A great book I recommend:  Parenting in the Pew by Robbie Castleman

Comments

  1. Our Saturday night routine of getting everything ready for church on Sunday takes forever! But if we didn't do it there would be no way we would ever make it to church on time! It definitely takes work with little ones! :) Hope yall are doing good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Unseen Abuse

Pinterest Perfect House

Not how I planned it...