Two Lessons from Toddlers

The other night my husband went coon hunting *grunt* (I married a manly man:)  I thought the kids would go to bed early and I would have an easy peaceful night blogging and reading my Bible.  I was wrong, but God did teach me something through my little boys. 

Lesson One:  My boys turn wilder when Daddy is not home to referee.  It seems like I do that too in my christian life.  When I have drifted far from my Daddy in Heaven, my Abba Father God, then my life can turn wild with sin and struggles real quick.  I need my Daddy real close so He can referee my fights with Satan and the world.  I have to remember that God never moves, but it is I who drift away.  His Word says, "Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye doubleminded." James 4:8 
I challenge you today to get alone with your Bible and call out to God.  Take the plunge and draw near to Him and you will be amazed at how sweet a meeting it will be.

Lesson Two: I wanted to cuddle with my boys and watch a movie but they would rather wrestle and jump and throw things.  I told my toddler to do something and he wouldn't and I got frustrated and said "Why don't you obey!?  He said, "Because."  I was upset but I sat there and observed the situation.  I thought, why don't I obey God?  Because it's not convenient.  It wasn't convenient for my toddler to stop what he was doing to obey me.  Sometimes God calls us to obey Him when it is not convenient for us.  Yet, if we love God we WILL obey His commands.  Lessons Learned:  Draw near to God and obey Him.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Unseen Abuse

Pinterest Perfect House

Not how I planned it...