Priority Check

I must confess that I have been very overwhelmed the past few weeks.  There are many reasons why, but I will spare you.  When I get overwhelmed it usually goes back to the fact that I have not put the Lord as my first priority.  When the Lord is not my first priority in the beginning of my day then my other priorities eventually get out of whack too.  I want my priorities (that word is hard to type!) to be: 

God, my husband, my children, home school, the house and outside ministry.  

Recently my husband and I were talking and he shared with me what he saw my priorities to be.  They were out of order.  Cooking had become my first priority and then cleaning and schooling.  I realized this had happened and I was working on getting them back in order.  After we talked it helped motivate me to quickly get back to first things first.

"Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you"  Matthew 6:33

I want to display this verse in my home on the wall so I will be reminded of this truth.  So today and yesterday went much better as my mind was on the Lord and on my family (rather than the food and dishes).  There is a time for everything as Ecclesiastes says, and sometimes its time to leave the house dirty, eat fast food and spend time jumping on the trampoline with your kids or snuggling on the couch to read or watch their favorite movie.

Everybody says they grow up fast, enjoy them while they are young.  (And while I am young:))     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Unseen Abuse

Pinterest Perfect House

Not how I planned it...